Issue 10 of the Liquidity Network Newsletter, 28th January 2018. 中文版。
Dear Liquidity Community
Liquidity Network is spearheading efforts by Layer two solutions to solve blockchain scalability the mass adoption of non-custodial services. In this newsletter the first of 2019 we share our Tech Road map for the months to come and clearly describe how we aim to achieve these goals.
2019 is gearing up to be a groundbreaking year for Liquidity Network, we are on a mission to bring transfers and swaps of digital assets at an enterprise scale to a global audience.
Collaboratively we have developed a clear strategy to our overall mission. The following tech road map helps us all perform to the best of our ability and create an environment for success.
Tech Road Map Ahead
A) New main net hub
B) Passive accepts
C) Mobile app V2
D) Liquidity NOCUST Client
A) New mainnet hub
A new version of the payment hub smart contracts are currently being developed. Improvements include optimizations, gas efficiency, and stricter security verifications. More importantly, the new contracts include ingenious features that lay the foundations for the upcoming liquidity DEX, namely:
- Support for deposits and withdrawals of ERC-20 tokens 🔥
- Off-chain non-custodial transfers of ERC-20 😎
- Off-chain non-custodial ERC-20 token swaps 🎉🎉
- Passive accept! (more on it below) 😍
Over the last months we have worked hard on improving the stability and reliability of the NOCUST server operating the smart contract. We now have a solid back-end and can commit to a very high uptime going forward. In regards to performance, the server is now capable of processing and confirming off-chain transfers in less than a second.
“We successfully ran a large scale testbench with more than 100’000 users executing transfers on the payment hub.”
The new payment hub will again be deployed on the Ethereum mainnet and like before will be open to use by anyone wishing to transact crypto at zero fees. In addition to this deployment we plan to roll-out the mobile app v2 and nocust client library for developers to integrate the NOCUST hubs.
B) Passive Accepts 🔥
We have accomplished major new improvements for the NOCUST hubs. Currently hubs require recipients of transfers to be online and to sign a message to receive an off-chain transfer. In March we plan to introduce an upgrade to the protocol to allow passive accepts. This means that no specific actions are required from the recipient in order to receive a transfer. They will not be required to be online making the experience much smoother, it is a considerable advantage over payment channels.
“For the first time in the history of off-chain crypto payment channels, the recipient no longer needs to be online to receive a payment”
C) Mobile app v2
The mobile app v2 will be released in March. We revamped our mobile wallet with fresh designs and a cool new look. The most innovative update is the support of ERC-20 tokens on-chain AND off-chain. We are pioneering user experience for layer 2, therefore we are constantly experimenting with new and creative ideas.
We chose to integrate an off-chain token account similarly to on-chain account. This means that off-chain accounts look similar to an additional ERC-20 token in your wallet.
To add even more security, users can now initiate challenges with the hub, if the wallet deems that the hub is unsafe to be used, or if the hub has entered into recovery (was shut down).
D) Liquidity NOCUST client
npm install nocust-client
“Less than 10 lines of code allow you to perform off-chain transfers with the new nocust-client”
A) DEX Testnet
The release date for new DEX UI on the testnet has been set for April. Currently our DEX (billfold.liquidity.network) offers the following:
- Payments for listed tokens
- Swap between a certain set of tokens
- Semi-complicated UI
The updated DEX for testnet will include the following improvements
- New professional UI
- Off-chain and instant loading of your DEX wallet
- Worldwide first off-chain trading capabilities
- Limit orders that can last as long as the trader wants
- Order book overview
- Trading history
- Payment facilitation for more ERC20 (DAI, SNT, …)
A sneak peak of our upcoming Off-Chain DEX can be found here:
A) DEX mainnet
After its testnet release in April the DEX is planned to be released onto the mainnet in May. We’re very excited about the first tokens that will be listed therein!
Other updates across the business see a busy year ahead for the team, marketing and development efforts continue at full speed. Organising events and preparing to participate at various hackathons and conferences are constantly ongoing. This month we see the first part of the future of blockchain conclude and we now know the confirmed teams.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to reach out on telegram or twitter. We look forward to the challenges and celebrations 2019 is sure to bring and appreciate you alongside us!
Arthur and the Liquidity Team
January 18th – 25th
- Published the NOCUST library on npm – NOCUST client Library is in development and designed to replace the current liquidity SDKmaking it even easier for developers of all levels to integrate a NOCUST hub.
- Testing carried out on the new features for the Mobile app V2. Bugs and inconsistencies found and fixed.
- We successfully ran a large scale testbench with more than 100’000 users executing transfers on the new payment hub currently being developed.
- Arthur has been announced as a speaker at the upcoming ETHCC event in Paris.
January 7th – 18th
- Deadline for the Future of Blockchain competition is on 20th Jan. We have had lots of interest from developers to build with Liquidity Network using our SDKthe team good luck to all those taking part.
- Arthur presents ‘Off-blockchain transactions’ for fun and for profit’ at the WorldWebForum in Zurich
January 1st – 7th
- Two hub explorers have now been released. They have been built using the NOCUST server interface and are now live. They will help our users to gain an insight into what’s going on with the hub more information can be found at http://hubscan.io/and http://pipet.xyz/
- Improvements to the SDKand more information regarding its use has been created.
Events and Conferences
We are hiring!
Do you want to be part of the global Liquidity.Networkteam and shape the future of crypto payments? We are looking for:
- Core Infrastructure developer (Python, Typescript)
- Blockchain Engineer (Typescript, Solidity)
Send us your application at email@example.com with a CV and few lines why you would be a good fit for Liquidity.Network.
For questions please join us on Telegram https://t.me/liquiditynetwork/
Subscribe for this newsletter at: https://liquidity.network
C) 移动设备app v2版本
D) 流动网络 NOCUST 客户端
- 支持充值和提取ERC-20代币 🔥
- ERC-20 代币非托管的链下转账 😎
- ERC-20代币非托管的链下交易 🎉🎉
- 被动接受! (更多信息如下) 😍
新的支付枢纽将再次部署在以太坊主网上，并且像以前一样，任何希望免费转账和交易加密货币的人都可以使用。除此部署外，我们计划推出移动设备app v2版本和nocust客户端库，供开发人员集成NOCUST 枢纽。
C) 移动设备app v2版本
移动设备app v2版将于今年3月份发布。我们以新颖的设计和酷炫的外观改造了我们的手机钱包。最具创新性的更新是ERC-20代币链上和链下的支持。我们正在为layer 2开创用户体验，因此我们不断尝试新的创意。
D) NOCUST 客户端库
npm install locust-client
“新的 NOCUST 客户端允许用少于10行代码执行链下转账传输”
- 为更多ERC20代币提供交易便利 (DAI, SNT, …)